Monday, May 24, 2010

Growing Up

Baby Charlotte Belle turned one this weekend! This not only means that lil Char is growing up, but that TFCS is still alive and kicking, too.

A year ago, I made a cute, whimsical cake for a glowing mother-to-be. The cake turned out great, and has been a popular choice in my repertoire of baby shower cakes. Not only have I expanded on the design and improved my decorating techniques, so much has changed and expanded with TFCS over this past year. As I create cakes for turnining points in my clients' lives, I begin to reflect on what this past year has meant to me...

Without getting into too much detail, this past year has definitely been a busy one....
Let's see, since this time last year TFCS has been featured in 3 local newspapers, including photos in The Sacramento Bee, batted with the big boys at various charity events- including Grange Restaurant at Luxe for Life 2009 (one of my personal favorites), made 3 TV appearances, been mentioned in several blogs, moved into a brand-new kitchen, attended class at The French Pastry School of Chicago, been featured and photographed for 3 magazines,including the latest issue of SacTown Magazine- go get your copy today!- and more.....

I don't mean to toot my own horn here, but it's definitely been a journey worth sharing =)

Alright, back to Miss Charlotte. The pic isn't much, but the cake was super cute anyways. Here is her individual ladybug "smash" cake. Would love to see what she looked after digging into this dessert!

1 comment:

sackings said...

You've come a long way and the future looks bright!