Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cake Tasting: Rewind



A few weeks ago, my generous parents held a cake tasting at their home.  The event was a complete success!  I was swamped and too busy to photograph the desserts on display.  Thankfully, one of my cake enthusiast neighbors saved the day!  Here are some of her fabulous pics!!


The purple is a bit much, but this mini tiered cake was filled with the most delicious strawberry cream.  Bow and flowers are made of gumpaste. 



These mini cakes were not actually for taste testing, but just to give me a chance to show off a little =)  I love decorating this size!  They are so much fun.

Typical sheet cake- not my most favorite to decorate.  Chocolate cake with fudge and raspberry filling.  Fudge frosting and butercream leaves.


Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.  One of my favorites!  Coloring the gumpaste flowers with petal and luster dusts was the best part =) 

My mother, and biggest support and helper, made me these adorable bumble bees to decorate my honey and apricot cupcakes.

No comments: