Monday, September 22, 2008

Hungry as a Horse!!



For being an amateur at farm animal construction, I am very delighted at my first gumpaste horses.  I was a little nervous at the idea of a ranch/western theme cake, having no experience with horses or anything of the likes.  With a little research and imagination, I attempted my first edible farm figures.  


Although I don't think sheet cakes ever turn out as cute as rounds, I was very satisfied with my final project.  This picture was before the edible horse shoe was added.


Gumpaste Sunflowers


Gumpaste horse shoe with silver luster dust


2 comments:

Pugslvr said...

The horses turned out so cute! I think my favorite design so far is the one you recently did with the real looking flowers on the Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with Lemon Cream Filling
Swiss Meringue Buttercream Icing cake. I will have to remember this design and order it next time.

Anonymous said...

If you can make horses, does that mean you can make wrestlers?