Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Holy Cap!!!


Play Ball!!

It's a birthday baseball hat!  Carrot cake for a Giants fan!
This was my first attempt at a craved baseball cap.  I have to admit, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  Even though I tend to be my worst critic, I honestly am proud of this creation- aside from the wonky MLB logo on the back, lol.  The carrot cake was iced in vanilla buttercream and covered with fondant.  The bill and logo hand-crafted out of orange gumpaste.

I forgot the rivets, but the stitching details turned out fairly realistic



San Francisco Giants Logo


Silly MLB Man...



and after....

4 comments:

sackings said...

Love it. It looks so real!

Rob said...

I contributed to the consumption of this cake. It was fantastic!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I absolutely lover your cakes...this one is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the hat, it looks great.