Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Weekend Round-up

Too many cakes, not enough blogging!!  
I've been very busy makin' cakes and gearing up for Valentine's Day the last couple weeks.  Unfortunately, I did not have a chance to take pictures of all of the orders, but here are some of my best work! 



Fondant "Love Birds" for my parents' anniversary!
Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Ganache filling and frosting.  Pretzel and toasted coconut bird's nest.



Isn't it adorable?  I was very happy with the results of this cake.  Too cute.  Could be used for Valentine's Day too!!

Here are some shots of my first gumpaste flower spray!  I went a little over-board with the luster dust, but had too much fun painting them to make them more realistic.  Too bad real flowers don't shimmer as much....

All made out of sugar!



First full-bloom gumpaste rose

I don't particularly enjoy decorating sheet cakes.  I always feel so limited by the huge, awkward shape.  Although, I was satisfied with this 50th birthday cake.

Another Giants Hat!
I also made a green and yellow A's hat last week.  I was too distracted by my rain/humidity vs. fondant battle and did no take any pictures....so sad.

This time I didn't forget the rivets...


4 comments:

Jennywenny said...

Those lovebirds are just adorable! As I'm starting to make more figures I'm realising how tiny the things are that give things personality like the eyelashes on the girl and the flicky thing on the boy. Cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are amazing... as always! I sure wish you got a picture of that Oakland A's hat. Maybe the person who you made the cake for took a picture. hmmm. anyways, my favorite is the love birds cake. I might have to make that one of these days. You really should start promoting yourself. Your talent is in demand. I would buy your book if you had one. Perhaps you should turn your blog over to book companies and such. Keep up the good work. -melissa

Brett said...

The bird cake is one of my all-time favs. You continue to amaze me.

tamz said...

very inspiring!! so glad i found your blog :) i love the little love birds and the cap is amazing!