Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winter Dessert Bar




As December quickly approaches, I wanted to treat you all with some new winter ideas. In this season of holiday parties and get togethers, why not spring for a dessert bar instead of traditional sweet endings?!?

This time of year surely brings out the baker in all of us. Even when I am not at the bakery, I know I am at home experimenting with new seasonal flavors and combinations. Why not display all of your hard work? With the hours spent poured over classic recipes- and the sweat, tears, and frustration baking sometimes accompanies- don't skimp by putting your beautiful creations on just any paper plate.

Pictured above is a simple dessert bar that was whipped up at TFCS studio. I love to use levels in our displays. I tend to have an eclectic style, and am not afraid to mix and match pedestals and platters. Be creative! A candle holder is perfect for a cupcakes =)
Be sure to stay tuned for more dessert bars and foodie-gift ideas. Look for more pics soon over these next few wintery weeks!


Here at The Frosted Cake Shop, we have been expanding from just our custom cakes to other individual treats. Not only have we boosted our production of our popular cake pops and cupcakes, we are always experimenting with new ideas- including the pumpkin whoopie pies and ganache truffles pictured above.


Of course, I can't leave this post without a close up of some beautiful cakes.

This fashion-inspired cake is definitely one of my new favorites. I love the delicate ruffles and gold sugar buttons. And of course, a cake is not complete without a giant, shimmering peony.



No comments: