Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Eggnog Cupcake Deliciousness

As I type up this post, I have the pleasure of smelling freshly baked eggnog cupcakes. Helllloooo December!

These warm, moist cupcakes are gifts in themselves. I am an eggnog fan myself, but I think everyone could enjoy this seasonal treat. Try out this recipe for any holiday gathering- you will not be disappointed!

EGGNOG CUPCAKE RECIPE:
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 eggs (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon rum or cinnamon extract
1 cup eggnog
2 1/4 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Sift dry ingredients- set aside.
Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer (about 3 minutes).
Add extract and eggs, one at a time. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
With mixer on low, spoon in dry ingredients- alternating with eggnog. Mix until just combined.

For uniform cupcakes, I like to use a mechanical ice cream scoop or disher to fill my cupcake liners. Fill about 2/3 full.

Baking times may vary. Cook until a wooden toothpick come out clean when poked into center.


After they completely cool, you may ice your delicious cupcakes with just about any icing.

My recommendations:
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Vanilla Italian Meringue Buttercream
Vanilla Glaze

If you want to go the extra mile, try something with a splash of rum!

ENJOY!




1 comment:

Tegan | Celebrate Twelve13 said...

I am sooo going to make these. Soon.